Saturday 26 October 2013

Vintage Glamour, Rare photos of 1940s showgirls

Circus Showgirl, 1950. Courtesy Taschen
I've just found these on the internet and have fallen in love with them! For me, these are far more exciting than the models covered in Milk currently doing the rounds.  I thought I'd share some of my favourites with you.

Aerialist Pinito del Oro, 1953. Courtesy Taschen
There is something incredibly disorientation about seeing a world that you've only ever known in black and white suddenly presented in 'glorious technicolor'  These shots of circus show girls were shot at traveling camps in the ’40s and ’50s, and are a marvelous inspiration for costume and fashion lovers.The girls have an incredibly real beauty about them and sense of fun and empowerment


Circus Performer Couple, 1954. Courtesy Taschen
 I think some of these images are going to have a huge impact on some future design projects! one for the scrap book.

Mardi Gras girl, 1952. Courtesy Taschen. Courtesy Taschen

Aerialist Pinito del Oro, 1953. Courtesy Taschen

No comments:

Post a Comment