Tuesday 3 February 2015

The Bristol Magazine style file February Issue.

Photo Amanda Thomas
The February issue of the Bristol Magazine Style file is out now.

Focussing on Winter Whites. Here I am wearing a beautiful knitted dress by Amber Hards Knitwear, a cream leather jacket from Molly Mishi May, Jeans from GAP, and a silver crackle clutch bag from John Lewis at The Mall Cribbs Causeway.

Here is a little more about my hair and makeup and a few sneaky behind the scenes shots! Shot against the beautiful William Morris 'Strawberry Thief' wallpaper at the Bristol Belgian Beer Bar of the same name.
The team: Harriet, Shari, Ella, Amanda
'sell sell sell'

The Strawberry Thief Bar is opposite the beautiful Palestinian Embassy Building
Shari Knowles was on hand again to make me look fresh faced and gorgeous. Here is what she did:

- The overall look is a modern daytime glam using colours from the season in a wearable way.
- I prepped the skin with a skin repair moisturiser which doubles as a primer. 
- The skin has a nice satin finish from using creamy foundations. I used the Bobbi brown foundation stick. 
- to brighten the under eyes, I also used a tinted eye brightener from Bobbi brown. It helps to neutralise dark circles but it's lovely and lightweight. 
- The look revolves around a bold lip to contrast the neutral tones of the cream and white - A fun way to use colour for winter. I used 'Italian Rose' from Bobbi Brown. 
- To balance the warm tone of the lipstick, I lined the lashline with a rich brown gel liner. It still defines the eyes but is a nice alternative to black. (Neutral lids and mascara)
- with a strong colour on the lips, the cheeks only require the slightest dusting of a pale rose blush. 

Do you have a wardrobe query you would like me to help with? email me at harriet@harrietdewinton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment