Wednesday 18 December 2013

Perfect Presents, Christmas Fashion Fix: Trinket Brooch, look 2


Photo Amanda Thomas


This is another take on the super, simple trinket brooch, as I said before, one of my most treasured brooches started life as a humble safety pin, and when I got my hands on some gold ones, the Christmas ideas started fizzing!

Yet again, I headed to the Joan Collins Box in the studio. I am sure we all have a pile of sparkly bits and pieces lying about the house that could be reborn into beautiful trinket jewellery. 

This brooch works because it is a stylised take on a charm bracelet. 

You will need:
  • large gold safety pin
  • jewellry connector loops (available at bead and craft stores)
  • trinkets, charms, bits of broken jewellery
  • jewellry pliers

How to do it:
  1. make sure you are fixing the trinkets to the side of the pin that does not open.
  2. arrange your trinkets and work out your design.
  3. using pliers, fix connecter loops onto the trinkets, fix them together if need be
  4. prize open the connector loops and fix onto the closed side of the pin.
Photo Amanda Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment