Monday 9 December 2013

Presenting…Dot and Ethel



This week I am working towards a career first. I started up a new Theatre Company with the gloriously talented director, Heidi Vaughan. We are called Dot and Ethel and we had the opportunity to come up with A Family Christmas Show for pre school children and the story of 'The Little Match Girl' has been close to our hearts for a while.




The show is being performed daily at 2pm at The Wardrobe Theatre, above the White Bear Pub in Cotham. To book tickets, email tickets@thewardrobetheatre.com

Apart from taking responsibility for the general look and design of the show, I have designed my first publicity image.

I only found out later that Hans Christian Anderson had been a paper cutter by trade as well as his story telling, but I loved the feel and quality of paper, wood and other natural products to reflect our approach to creating this show.

I have attempted imitating Rob Ryan before, and loved discovering artists inspired by his work up in Edinburgh this summer, but now the image is out there, I thought I'd show you a few images that didn't make the 'cut'…please excuse that awful pun!





until we settled on our final and favourite combination…and a little sticker design!


we hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment